[mythtv-users] Slow myth TV user interface on a fast machine

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Fri Sep 28 18:53:41 UTC 2007

The problem has to be related to the disks. If I can watch SD on my
x-box front-end, your box is grotesquely overpowered wrt CPU and
memory.

Run vmstat 1 and iostat 1 while the problem is happening and look for
high swap in and out, and/or high disk activity on the disk with your
database.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing a (free) operating
 system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for
 386(486) AT clones"

	- Linus Torvalds, August 1991