[mythtv-users] New video renderers/Suggestions

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 18:03:38 UTC 2007

>   - chromakey/ia44blend - from memory both are specific to
>   generating a colour osd when using xvmc (but I've never used them)

ia44blend is the standard method used by xvmc that can only draw a
greyscale osd.  Chromakey is is the hack for a color osd (which works
for both xvmc and xv) available only on series 4xxx and 5xxx nvidia
cards, and  on unichrome chipsets.  One caveat is that chromakey
doesn't draw a translucent osd like the other methods; this is
actually a nice thing to have when using bob deinterlacing as it
effectively eliminates osd flicker.

Alex