[mythtv-users] Kudos and mythtv-users culture

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 17:58:08 UTC 2007

> IMHO bottom posting is really not all that convenient as a norm.  I use kmail
> for a client, and since I'm usually following a thread anyway, it becomes a
> pain to rescan through text already sent to find the next contribution,
> *especially if entire messages are quoted*.  I find it more convenient to
> read top posters -- but it's even better when a *relevant* short quote of the
> prior message is referenced at the bottom.

Bottom and inline posting are a heck of a lot easier to follow,
particularly when replies are long and in depth, or when referring
someone to the archives (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ ).  It sounds as
though your real problem is your mail editor not giving you a
civilized way to condense quoted text and people being too lazy to cut
out the portions they aren't referencing!

Ryan

PS How does the old Usenet joke go, something along the lines of:

A: Because it's harder to read and makes less sense
Q: Why shouldn't people top post?