[mythtv-users] Troubleshooting failing DVD rips

Jeff Stockett jeff at endlesstech.com
Fri Sep 28 16:07:09 UTC 2007

You could try using mplayer to dump the DVD to verify whether it is a drive problem, disc problem, or transcode problem (which is what mythdvd uses I think).

$ mplayer dvd://n -dumpstream -dumpfile test.vob

If that works, then likely it is a problem with transcode/mythdvd.  Note that the dvd://n - n needs to be replaced with the title number of the main movie - usually it is 1.