[mythtv-users] Troubleshooting failing DVD rips

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:46:17 UTC 2007

On 9/27/07, Anduin Withers <awithers at anduin.com> wrote:

> There have been no real changes to mtd for some time.
>
> > 12:16:50: launching job: job dvd 2 1 -1 1 -1 /mythtv/media/videos/DVDVIDEO
> > 12:16:50: Using DVD source: /dev/dvd
> > 12:16:50: ISO DVD image copy to: /mythtv/media/videos/DVDVIDEO
> > 12:25:03: job thread finished copying ISO image
> > 12:25:05: job finished successfully: job dvd 2 1 -1 1 -1
> > /mythtv/media/videos/DVDVIDEO
> >
> > However, it didn't completely finish.
>
> How? That message "job thread finished copying ISO image" happens at the
> very end of the copy process, given the timestamps it seems unlikely that
> you ended up without an .iso file.
>
> --
> Anduin Withers

Anduin -

Thanks for you reply, actually... I ended up with an iso, but it was
only a couple of gigs instead of ~8GB.  It was working for me with no
problems a couple of months ago.  I upgrade to latest SVN every couple
of weeks, and I've noticed lately that it seems to work less and less.
 I need to eliminate my drive as the problem, but unfortunantly,
nothing in the logs is telling me anything useful.  The even stranger
thing is that it'll stop on it's own in the same spot (unique per
disc), every time I try to run it on a disc.  It doesn't matter if
it's a new disc, or not.  It's not because the disc itself is
scratched or dirty.

Thanks!
Matt