[mythtv-users] DVB-T Channel Numbers (UK)

Justin Hornsby justin.hornsby at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 22:07:28 UTC 2007

The magical confabulator wizard thing is ongoing.  I'm trying to find
the time among other commitments right now (like helping a rescued dog
settle in) but rest assured it'll one day be ready for human
consumption.

FWIW, what I've already done is up at www.juski.co.uk/chanwiz/

The ultimate plan is to make it so any UK user can enter their
postcode & TV provider / package details & it'll do a lot of the work
itself.  One thing missing is error checking, and the channel xml data
files will soon need updating due to the upcoming channel shuffles on
Freeview - but most of what's left to do is fairly small details.

Because it's all in perl (hey don't bite me - I'd have to have started
to learn a programming language either way) it's quite well suited to
becoming a web-based app I think.

Anyway, it's up there so have a look at it, if anybody feels they want
to chip in feel free!

It's high time the rest of the world had an easier way to get channels
into mythtv - Americans & Canadians have had it all made far too easy
for too long ;)

As ever, just my 2p worth..

Justin