[mythtv-users] Vga2scart and deinterlace

wouter lists wouter.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:44:10 UTC 2007

Hi all,

This question is mostly for those who have a vga2scart cable. I would
like to know what deinterlace filters you guys are using.

For the moment I'm running Fedora 7 x86_64 on a system with a PVR-500.

I live in a PAL-country and added the next line to xorg.conf to have a
16/9 image:
ModeLine "1024x576" 19.875 1024 1092 1140 1272 576 581 586 625 +hsync
+vsync interlace composite

When watching a recording, the image is a little bit blurry and
sometimes I see some ghosting.
I played a recording on another Pc (Mac) and there is looks ok.

I tried the Bob deinterlacer; but it gives errors about the frame rate
being to low. So I would like to know what you guys are using as
deinterlacer or other filters?

My capture settings are already at 720x576, but I'm also interested in
additional settings.

Regards,

Wouter