[mythtv-users] (OT) Diskless front end no longer boots.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Thu Sep 27 18:09:34 UTC 2007

I have a diskless mythfrontend that has been working just fine.
It runs Fedora6, and DOES receive updates from the current FC6 release
 (which has probably caused the problem).

It has been working just fine till I had a minor problem (well the screen went
black),- something is killing X11, and instead of logging in from another
machine
and restarting X11, I just rebooted.

Bad move.  The machine will no longer boot.
I see the DHCP messages which have the correct IP addresses for the
source/destination
but these are followed by:

    TFTP.
    PXE-T01: File not found
    PXE-E3B: TFTP Error - File not found
    PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent
No Bootable devices -- insert boot disk and press any key.

Any Ideas?
I can reinstall the diskless boot stuff, but wont have time for several days.
Seems to be a TFTP problem, but I can say 'tftp mythtv'  on the server machine
and it responds with a prompt, so that seems to be working.  The fact that I
see
the DHCP messages would seem to imply that the ethernet is up and running,
so I dont know where to look.  Nothing in /tftpboot nor /diskless on the server
seem to be changed, but thats harder to determine for sure.

Hopefully, someone else has had this problem (and solved it) and can point me
in
the right direction.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens