[mythtv-users] Question about VGA to Composite/S-Video adapters

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 15:36:33 UTC 2007

> On 9/27/07, Brian Phillips <brian.phillips at gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > I have a rage pro 128 card and am running MythDora 4.  I am trying to
> > get
> > the Tvout to work, but am just getting very frustrated.
> >
> > I am thinking of bagging the built-in Tvout on the card and using one of
> > these adapters http://search.ebay.com/vga-composite_W0QQ .  I am
> > wondering
> > if anyone has any experience with them.
> >
> > Is it as simple as just plugging it in and having it work, or do you
> > need to
> > modify stuff in the xorg.conf to allow the Television to display the
> > output?
> > Will I need to modify things like modelines and stuff like that?
> >
> > If it's not apparent by the type of adapter, I have an older CRT TV with
> >
> > just composite and S-video inputs.
> >
> > Brian Phillips

Those adapters you linked to will not do anything for you.  They don't
convert the  VGA signal to a composite or S-video signal, they are only for
video cards that support S-vidoe or composite out.

Your best options are to either get your current cards tv-out to work or get
a video card that is better supported.

--
TV/IT Engineer
WCJB-TV Gainesville, FL