[mythtv-users] Check for active Recordings or Jobs? [Worked Around]

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Sep 27 13:41:45 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 00:32 -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 11:15:31PM -0400, Tony Lill wrote:
> > You can also connect to the database directly and look through the
> > jobqueue table. A status of 272 means the job is done, as is the
> > recording's abscence from the table. There's probably some way of
> > checking if the job is recording though the database too, but you can
> > just check the modify time on the file. Active recordings should be no
> > more that a few seconds old.
>
> The inuseprograms table will actually give you all that in one shot.
> It will list programs that are in use by mythfrontend (playback),
> mythbackend (recording), mythcommflag, and mythtranscode.

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions. The easiest solution for
me was to revert back to using mythrename using the --link option. I had
to modify my divxtranscode script, and how it is called, to handle the
names properly, but it works quite well now. I run mythrename from cron
at 06 and 36 of every hour, which pretty much covers everything.

Thanks,
James