[mythtv-users] Mythtv frontend for Nokia N800

Melunko melunko at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 12:19:02 UTC 2007

Hi, this is good question.

I think the advantage is the easy setup. We are working to make things easy
to the user. It just install gmythstream (apt-get), and it is enough. Using
VLC and other things would demand some more effort (I think). Anyway,
gmythstream is just an http server in some sense. It uses mencoder or
gmencoder as the transcode engine. What other solution do you suggest?

We have many problems with the video format. So far, we are just streaming
MPEG-1 :(. We tried mpeg-4 many times, but we had problems with the
encoders.

BR,
Hallyson Melo