[mythtv-users] Sata software mdadm raid spin down help

genestapp at charter.net genestapp at charter.net
Thu Sep 27 06:24:25 UTC 2007

I'm not sure I'm doing this right. I'm currently using the command /sbin/hdparm -S 244 /dev/sd*  in rc.local to set my hard drives in sata raid arrays that are rarely used to spin down. Also for mounting purposes I have the fstab entry set to noatime. Looking at my kill-a-watt meter and listening to the drives, they never seem to go into a spin down state. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong and why the drives are not going into a spindown state after 2 hours. The drives in question are not the myth recording array but just high def storage that is rarely accessed, so no point paying for 50 watts of power usage.