[mythtv-users] MacOSX MySQL Errors

Eric Robinson ryunokokoro at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 05:15:41 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> It means you didn't follow the directions here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html#modify_perm_mysql
>
> On your master backend, you need to do this:
> $ mysql -u root mythconverg
> mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to
> mythtv@"The-Great-Owl.local" identified by "<YOUR_PASSWORD>";
> mysql> flush privileges;
>
> Then try to connect again and see if your error message goes away.
That did it!  The website doesn't put things the same way that you did
right there.  I was using the mysql password for the "identified by"
section.  That was causing a mismatch the whole time: "mythtv !=
somethingRandomized"

So that command is allowing me to specify a password that frontends use
to connect?  Or is that the actual mysql password that was generated
when it was installed (to be modified later)?

I'm new to this whole mysql thing...