[mythtv-users] Can't Record Two HD Streams on HDHomerun

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Sep 27 03:10:42 UTC 2007

Mitch Gore wrote:
>> The HDHomerun just uses layer-2 traffic, right? I wonder if I need an IP
>> address on the unused ethernet port?
>>
>> Kirk Bocek

> You will need to configure a DHCP server to give the HDHR an address.  This
> is one downfall of the HDHR it can only get and IP from DHCP, ie you cant
> configure a static.

I seem to recall a post on the Silicon Dust forum which confirmed that
you can in fact set a static address on an HDHR unit. (I haven't tried
it, myself).

Instead, I set up the router as a DHCP server, attached the HDHR,
reserved the first dhcp address and matched it to the MAC address of the
HDHR, and then turned off the DHCP server on the router. The address
continues through power cycles on the router and the hdhr, so it is
effectively a static.

Geoff