[mythtv-users] SD programid too long?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Sep 27 00:30:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Anduin Withers wrote:

>>  	Is there a way to force this to be done again on the old data?
>> I'm rather database ignorant, so I'm not sure how to do it.
>
> Something like 'mythfrontend -O MythFillFixProgramIDsHasRunOnce=0' should do
> it. You can change the value in the settings table as well.
>
> This isn't the first update to massage existing data; it will not be the
> last. If you are going to move DB records it should be between identical
> schema versions.
>
>> [some upgrade paranoia]
>
> Having a DB backup and MythTV binaries from before the upgrade should fill
> you with confidence that you can quickly return to exactly where you were.
> At the minimum, you need to add an extra step to your normal procedure where
> you move the entire old DB over, upgrade, save that data, import it into
> your new DB, etc.

 	Ah yes.  That seemed to do it, although I had to restart
mythbackend to make it take effect.

 	So, for the record, what's the approved, correct way to create a
new myth machine with a newer version of mythtv and import ones previous
recordings?  Am I paranoid about hidden settings/features that might not
be set to optimal values on a new version upgraded from a crusty old DB
that's been around for 4 years and 6-8 major revisions?  :)

-Cory