[mythtv-users] changing the channel on Dish DVR625

Nelson Tang nelson at tangspace.com
Wed Sep 26 20:56:15 UTC 2007

Hi all -

Just switched to Dish Network and got a dual tuner Dish DVR625, but
would rather stick with my Myth setup instead of their DVR.  Does
anyone else use this receiver with Myth, and if so, how are you
controlling the channel changing?  I couldn't find any direct cable
info (USB port only allows transfer of recordings off the internal
drive), and I couldn't find a LIRC config to IR blast it - not to
mention the second tuner is controlled by an RF remote, so I would
guess I'd need an RF blaster to control that one.  Might anyone point
me to more information?

Thanks,
--nelson