[mythtv-users] SD programid too long?

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Wed Sep 26 19:33:38 UTC 2007

>  	Is there a way to force this to be done again on the old data?
> I'm rather database ignorant, so I'm not sure how to do it.

Something like 'mythfrontend -O MythFillFixProgramIDsHasRunOnce=0' should do
it. You can change the value in the settings table as well.

This isn't the first update to massage existing data; it will not be the
last. If you are going to move DB records it should be between identical
schema versions.

> [some upgrade paranoia]

Having a DB backup and MythTV binaries from before the upgrade should fill
you with confidence that you can quickly return to exactly where you were.
At the minimum, you need to add an extra step to your normal procedure where
you move the entire old DB over, upgrade, save that data, import it into
your new DB, etc.

--
Anduin Withers