[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase behavior

Jon Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 26 18:31:29 UTC 2007

I use mythfilldatabase --file to import program data from an XML file.
Not being a database expert, I assumed that mythfilldatabase basically
compares the mythtv listings to the XML file and does the following:
Programs that are missing in MythTV would be added, programs with
changed attributes would be updated, and programs that are missing in
the XML would be deleted from MythTV as well.

 Unfortunately I'm finding that programs that are removed from the XML
file (like canceled programs) remain in Myth's upcoming program
listings. Is there a way to fix this? Is there a command equivalent to
"--refresh-all" for the --file function?

I've looked at the output from mythfilldatabase using "-v all" From this
I can see that the missing programs are not included in the 'MSqlQuery:
SELECT * FROM program' phase, but they are updated when "Marking episode
first showings" and "Marking episode first showings" are run.

If anyone could help with this I'd really appreciate it.

Jon