[mythtv-users] MythArchive and DVD-RW media

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Wed Sep 26 18:16:34 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 14:03:10 John Drescher wrote:
> > I can't seem to get MythArchive to burn to DVD-RW media, even when I
> > select the option to blank rewritable media.
>
> Please post whatever error you got.

Also post the precise type (DVD-RW or DVD+RW) and brand of media you're using,
and whether you can burn to that same type of media using the same drive and
other software. Unfortunately, drive/media incompatibilities are fairly
common, so unless you can rule out the possibility of such an
incompatibility, you can't be sure that this is a MythArchive problem (or
even a problem with one of the tools it uses) rather than a drive/media
incompatibility.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com