[mythtv-users] No Match for argument: mythtv-suite - What am I missing?

junk at edgarchen.com junk at edgarchen.com
Wed Sep 26 07:42:20 UTC 2007

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 01:32:38 -0400

From: "Kevin J. Cummings" <cummings at kjchome.homeip.net>

Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] No Match for argument: mythtv-suite - What

      am I  missing?

To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

junk at edgarchen.com wrote:

> I'm a linux beginner and am trying to upgrade mtyhtv via yum, but no
matter

> what I try, I always get: No Match for argument: mythtv-suite.  I've

> searched the mailing list, Google, Google groups and can't find an answer.

> It feels like I'm just missing some simple thing, but I can't figure it
out.

> What am I missing??

Axel changed the name of the meta-package from myth-suite to mythtv.

It had something to do with a general re-packaging of MythTV and its

associated libraries.  It also caused some rumpled feathers during some

people's updates as the mythtv package now drags in everything.

Tried, and failed..

[root at chennet yum.repos.d]# yum install mythtv

Setting up Install Process

Setting up repositories

Parsing package install arguments

No Match for argument: mythtv

Nothing to do

[root at chennet yum.repos.d]#

> I'm running kernel-2.6.22.7-57.fc6.i686

ATRPMs hasn't been updated in a while.  I think Axel is in the process

of relocating, and isn't doing much in the way of package rebuilds yet.

It will take some time.  I hope you don't need some kernel modules from

ATRPMs for your latest kernel....I know I'm waiting for a few.

Paul Cavalcanti has been nice enough to rebuild a few packages and put

them here:

http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/rpms/kernel/

Good Luck!

--