[mythtv-users] OT: Cable Modems...

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Sep 26 03:32:40 UTC 2007

Brian Wood napsal(a):
> Yan Seiner wrote:
>

>> Funny how that works.  The telco here (Qwest) swore to me that ?DSL was
>> not available in my neighborhood.  So I contacted another provider who
>> promptly hooked me up.  I asked them about the availability issue; turns
>> out they rent the lines from Qwest...
>>
>> It works for me....  And since Qwest is still telling everyone DSL is
>> not available in my neighborhood, I have the whole loop to myself.
>>

> Several possibilities. Did they hook you up on a separate loop or on
> your main voice line? I've never heard of an outfit being able to go
> onto your main POTS line.

It comes in on the POTS line - or possibly the secondary pair.  I'm
still not sure what the arrangement is but it works for me.  I haven't
seen one of those DSL filters so it may be on the secondary.

> It may be "working" but not turned over to marketing yet.

Been that way for 2 1/2 years.....

Shhhhh.  :-)

--Yan

--
  o__

Linux stuff has made big progress over the competition. When things sit and don't start right away, we have a watch, and those poor guys have to settle for an hourglass.