[mythtv-users] On the verge of giving up

lionel dybowski lionel.dybowski at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 20:14:40 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 12:47:09PM +0200, lionel dybowski wrote:
>
>> We are here for *political *reasons: *we want linux*, not windows. *It
>> is political, not technology issue!!!!!!!*
>>

> It's not political for me.
>
> I want *reliability*.  Unix, and thereby Linux, has it.  Windows just
> doesn't.
>
> 4 Stop 7B's this month.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

I can only disagre with that. Don't forget, win95 is dead.
But still I do not want windows.
But I can not accept to be obliged to purchase new hardware because of
dirvers are not available for my old hardware with new windows os or vis
versa. I can not accept to pay 250$ for a software licence that does not
pay the developper but the shareholdres. I am however ready to
contribute to your work...
Still we are going the wrong direction. Why one of us published a topic
"on the verge of giving up?"

My attempts to get thing moving seem totaly vain. answers seem to
concentrate on what ever win is better that linux or not, rather than
tackle the issue...never mind.

lionel.dybowski at gmail.com