[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu or Ubuntu Alternate for RAID?

Eric Robinson ryunokokoro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 17:57:46 UTC 2007

I'm trying to install my MythTV backend and would like to partition my
drives such that the system drives are installed with RAID-0 and the
MythTV space is on RAID-5 (both using mdadm).  I'm looking at the
Mythbuntu installation GUI right now and I can't see anything about RAID.

A quick search on the interwebs reveals this:

That mentions the Ubuntu Alternate CD install which seems much simpler
than using a LiveCD (including Mythbuntu's).

What are the pros and cons to using Mythbuntu over a normal "Ubuntu
installation using the MythTV packages"?
http://www.mythbuntu.org/existing-ubuntu-alternate

Is it only the space used for programs and the window manager?  I'm not
at all worried about that because my system partition is going to be
over 300GB when RAID-0'd...

Thoughts?