[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV-out black screen with sound

Chris coderight at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 17:02:57 UTC 2007

I'm trying to get my PVR-350 TV-out working again.  When I play video
what I get is working sound and the video is actually playing in the
background (I can see it at the edges of the screen) but there is this
huge black rectangle/box on top of the video.  If I do "ivtvfbctl -d
/dev/fb0 -g on" that fixes the problem.  At least until I go back to
the Myth menus and try to play something else.

So it seems Myth is not setting the global alpha correctly or
something?  Any ideas what would cause this?  I'm running stock Ubuntu
Feisty with the MythTV 0.20.2 "proposed updates" packages.

CR