[mythtv-users] EIT crawling not working ? (solved)

Dave dave at 0bits.com
Tue Sep 25 08:19:00 UTC 2007

Hi Daniel,

You're completely correct. Thanks for pointing me in the right
direction. It seems that i had 800+ channels with the 'useonairguide'
set to 1, so the scanner was constantly scanning the 100's of
transponders and never infact getting to the channels which i was
interested in with the 'visible' flag set to 1.

The answer for me was to just do

  mysql -e 'update channel set useonairguide=0 where visible != 1'

Of course you/i also need to set the useonairguide to 1 for channels
that are just the guide channels that are generally invisible but there
to transmit the whole EIT data.

Thanks