[mythtv-users] Backend not honoring "MaxSimultaneousJobs"

Jon Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 25 00:48:23 UTC 2007

I've got 3 backends that are supposed to share UserJobs, with each
backend limited to 2 maximum simultaneous jobs. I've also set MythTV to
allow jobs to run on any server--not just the recording server.

In the past this has worked perfectly, but I just queued up 4 jobs in
quick succession and I noticed that one backend has claimed all 4 jobs:
it started 2 of the jobs, and has the other 2 jobs in it's queue.

How can I force each backend to only 'claim' as many jobs as it can
execute and leave other pending jobs for the remaining servers?

Jon