[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend "freezes" watching LiveTV at end of program (as determined by EPG)

Matthew Jurgens mythtv at edcint.co.nz
Mon Sep 24 23:39:36 UTC 2007

Thanks for pointing out that bug report.
I'd found all sorts of other similar ones but had not seen that one yet.
Like lots of the other reports I've come across the symptoms were
similar but not exactly the same. Symptoms that I experienced that no
one else has written about include
- my frontend locked up entirely and did not respond to keypresses
- sometimes the backend died as well

Anyway, as a result of reading that report I tried a few of the
suggestions it contained and found that the
"I have unchecked "wait for SEQ headers" in capture card
settings>recording options in mythtv-setup." suggestion actually
resolved the issue.
One of my networked frontend machines has now been through 10-20 program
changes and been running for 6-8 hours non-stop.
There is a slight pause (about 1 sec) on program changes, but that's all.

Leaving it running for a few more hours has resulted in many more
successful transitions. One of them however, did "freeze" the screen on
the front end, but the frontend still responded to the ESC key and so I
could simply restart the "Watch TV".

This is a significant improvement.

Thanks for the help.