[mythtv-users] HDTV- questions...

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Sep 24 22:38:47 UTC 2007

On Sep 24, 2007, at 2:39 PM, Charles Mason wrote:
> MythTV will certainly up scale the video if you set the output to a
> higher resolution than the source. Will it look any better, may be
> slightly, but nothing can beat real HD content.

I can attest, though, that standard TV upscaled in MythTV does look
better on my projector than when I give it an SVHS signal and let it
do the upscaling on its own.  YMMV, of course.  My projector is
800x600, so poor prescaling of DVDs is particularly obvious -- it
produces annoying stairstep jaggies.