[mythtv-users] A plea for help

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:58:47 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2007, at 1:48 PM, Ben Davis wrote:
>
> > Well, I ran Memtest86+ plus overnight, and after 46 passes, it
> > shows no errors whatsoever.   Are there any other test I can run?
> > Any CPU stress tests?
>
> mprime has a "test" mode that some people use as a CPU stress test.
> It's said to hit the floating point unit especially hard.
> http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

Any chance it's a reiserfs?  They were having a problem a while back
where the filesystem could lock up under some unusual circumstances
that happened to just PERFECTLY match up to myth writing a large file
while security audits were taking place on the machine, or myth
recording while transferring streaming files to remote frontends.
There were a couple ways I managed to cause it consistently, but (I
know, bad user) I just switched file systems rather than continually
updating the file system drivers while they were working on it.

Ryan