[mythtv-users] No EPG data

Vern spamvern at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 18:40:29 UTC 2007

Try turning on verbose "eit" debug (--verbose eit).  0.20 versions of Myth have a bug in the ATSC/EIT code where it decides the guide data should be hidden for most channels.

The check is along the lines of "if GuideIsHidden" and really should be "if IsHidden AND GuideIsHidden".   It is fixed in the 0.21 source tree.  In the ATSC specs, the "guide is hidden" bit is only valid if the "hidden" bit is also set.

0.21 sources also seem to be more accurate in getting the guide data associated with the correct show and channel (though I have only been upgraded to it for a couple weeks so I can't be 100% positive on that, I might just not have noticed yet).

This page shows a hack to the 0.20 code base if this is your problem:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/EIT

Though really the correct fix from the 0.21 code base is to change the if statement rather than remove it to:

    if (vct->IsHidden(i) && vct->IsHiddenInGuide(i))

Stephen Brooks <nightbikeman at googlemail.com> wrote: I'm not sure of the syntax but dvbsnoop is what you want.....

dvbsnoop
http://dvbsnoop.sourceforge.net/dvbsnoop.html

 On 9/20/07, Tero Mäntyvaara <termant at gmail.com> wrote: Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 19/09/2007, Tero Mäntyvaara <termant at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I installed recently the KnoppMyth R5F27. I have got Technotrend
>> TT-premium C-2300 cards (DVB-C). I enabled EIT (on the air EPG) for
>> DVB-driver in MythTV setup. First I searched trandponders in MythTV
>> setup. Then I fixed network IDs on MySQL database of MythTV and after
>> that I searched the channels succesfully.
>
> Do your DVB channels also have useonairguide=1 for all channels you
> want EPG data for? In order to use the on-air EPG, the settings need
> to be configured for your video source _and_ DVB channels, if I recall
> correctly.

Yes they have.

Am I right if I say that MythTV picks the EIT data from program stream
by it self?

How could I confirm that I get EPG data?