[mythtv-users] On the verge of giving up

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Sep 24 17:29:39 UTC 2007

Mike Perkins wrote:
> Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 11:03:17AM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
>>
>>> With Linux you have a choice, with Windows you do not, unless you want
>>> to count regedit, one of the worst nightmares on the planet.
>> Though, oddly, the concept of a "registry" isn't inherently bad.
>>
> /etc is about all the complexity of registry I can cope with, thank you.

Just go to any software store and see how many products are offered for
sale that purport to "fix" registry problems.

Look at all the web sites offering a "free" registry scan. Of course
they always find *something* wrong, and want $$$ to "repair" it.

The Registry is a great thing,if you are a software vendor.

beww