[mythtv-users] MythMusic: rebuild music database?

matthew.garman at gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 16:30:17 UTC 2007

I have all my CDs ripped to flac and stored on an NFS share.  All
the tags were created from freedb.org, so there were quite a few
inconsistencies (e.g. variations on a band's name, extra spaces,
etc).

I finally got around to making all the tags consistent.

How can I force MythMusic to re-load all the tag information from
the files?  I pointed the "directy to scan for music" to /tmp, did a
"scan for new music", then pointed it back to the actual music NFS
share and did another "scan for new music".  Unfortunately, all the
old (inconsistent) tags are still being used.  It appears to me that
the tag information is cached.  Is there a way to purge this cache
information?

Thank you!
Matt