[mythtv-users] OT Question About OTA Antennas

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 15:04:25 UTC 2007

> The antenna has been up there for several years.  I'm pretty sure the
> cable coming down is RG-59.  Not exactly the best, but it does work.  I'm
> currently getting the FOX station in perfectly.  Hopefully, I don't fall off
> the mast this weekend when I go to turn the darn thing.  Keep your fingers
> crossed for me and thanks for the help!
>
> Jim

Well, I'm alive.  I know, you're all relieved :-)  I got up near the top of
the antenna, and realized I don't like heights.  So I thought of a different
approach.  I sat on the upper roof and using a very long bamboo stick, I
pushed the antenna into position.  Someone helped me by moving the rotor
control in the correct direction.  So the antenna is pointed correctly,
however, I just get FOX in better now and the Church channels.  I think that
the amp I'm using isn't very good.  It's several years old and a Radio Shack
amp with no real measure of how much gain it's giving.  Any thoughts on a
new amp?  Thanks!

Jim