[mythtv-users] Need Advice with MythTV running IPTV

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Sep 24 14:02:14 UTC 2007

KH Chai wrote:
> Hi, I am new to Fedora + MythTV.  I've setup both software on my PC and
> now ready to order the WinTV PCI tuner card.  Is there anything I can use
> to test MythTV; to see if it works?  I am thinking about using IPTV.  How
> do I setup this functionality in MythTV?  Any link or guide for setting
> this up would be great.  Thank you.

Obviously you can't test anything related to a capture device without a
capture device.

You can test other features, like importing and playing a video, the web
browser, streams etc.

But the soul of a DVR is video capture devices, and without any you are
denying it its main reason for living.

As you said, you are ready to order a card.

beww