[mythtv-users] On the verge of giving up

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Mon Sep 24 13:46:01 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 12:47:09PM +0200, lionel dybowski wrote:
> Yes installing windows and getting it to run can be tricky, and linux
> systems are becomming easyer (ubuntu, knoppix, etc). Still, what happens
> when you had new hardware? With windows it is easy, you can not deny.
> With linux, re-install from scratch is the route that many of us are taking.

What are you talking about? With Windows, my minions have to struggle
for hours with multiple reboots and conflicting device drivers (which
often go missing after they've been installed).

With Linux, the worst that's happened is that we've had to compile kernel
modules and insert them. And that's easy, these days.

-dsr-