[mythtv-users] Mythcommflag is off by one

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Sep 24 03:33:47 UTC 2007

* On Sun Sep 23, 2007 at 09:10:33PM -0500, Austin Roberts wrote:
> I'm experiencing a rather strange error. For quite a while, I had one show
> that MythTV was trying to commflag, but the file itself wasn't there so
> MythTV was hanging up and not continuing through the job queue. So I told it
> to start running two jobs at once. Then a couple months back I reinstalled
> my OS (and subsequently MythTV). I was able to get the old episode to
> disappear once and for all, so I set the job queue back to 1 job. Now I have
> a new problem.

Sounds like you played around with the "Commercial Flagger command" setting
in mythtv-setup and broke it.  You probably put in the full path to the
mythcommflag program or something else.  Clear out that field and all should
be good.

If you put anything in that field, you have to put the proper arguments
to call the flagger with, otherwise it will run in its default mode which is
to try to flag all unflagged programs (which is what seems to be happening
based on your description).

--
Chris