[mythtv-users] A plea for help

Dan Harper dan at kingdomsolutions.com.au
Mon Sep 24 02:30:18 UTC 2007

One thing I've had success with also to reproduce problems is to
compile a kernel on the box.  This seems to give a good thrashing on
memory and disk.  I've had memory problem identified when compiling a
kernel that memtest86 didn't pick up.

The give away for RAM is if you compile the kernel twice and crashes
occur in different locations of the source tree (ie: some level of
randomness).

Dan