[mythtv-users] On the verge of giving up

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 23 19:43:54 UTC 2007

On 09/23/2007 12:33 PM, Rich West wrote:
> Success stories like that are becoming more frequent, which makes
> further inroads in to the desktop.

At which point people can spend hundreds of hours re-learning how to do
everything they've spend the last 12+ years learning to do with
Windows/Windows applications so they can save $150/5yrs or so by using
GNU/Linux and FOSS.  (Oh, right, most everyone buys Windows from OEM's.
Therefore, they'll only save $20/1-2yrs or so.  Maybe even enough to
cover the cost of an SD subscription.)

Mike "GNU/Linux can only win if it's so much better than Windows that
it's worth learning***" Dean

***And, IMHO, it isn't even close.  (For me it is because of the "F" in
FOSS--and the fact that I can actually fix the problems I encounter.
For non-developers, though...)