[mythtv-users] M2NPV-VM (Surround) Sound not working

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 15:29:10 UTC 2007

> but the sound on Asus M2NPV-VM is not working.
>
> When I watch recordings, I have only stereo sound (or even mono)  and
> as soon I change volume, the sound is  totally gone. I can only
> rmmod/modprobe snd_hda_intel to get it back.
>
> When I watch LiveTV, it is even worse, because I get except a movie
> sound on the front speaker a very high terrible sound (like from the
> dog whistle) from rear-left speaker. And if change volume, the sound
> is totally gone again.
>
> I tried using "options snd_hda_intel position_fix=1 model=3stack", but
> it did not help.
>
> I know that many users here this motherboard and I hope to "hear" some advices.
>
> Kernel: 2.6.22.6

I got at least working stereo sound by using "model=laptop-eads" ...
front speakers (left, front, right) are working, but two rear speakers
are off.

I have a SoundBlaster which is working without any problems, but I
have two PCI slots on the motherboard, and both are occupied with
tv-cards and I want to use both of them.

Anyone with an idea?

Thanks