[mythtv-users] Live TV on Master using Slave backed card?

Richard Scott richard at rhysmission.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 14:01:38 UTC 2007

I'm having the same problem. Got a master backend with 2 DVB-T tuners, 1
combined frontend/slave backend with a PVR-350 linked to my Sky
satellite system and a standalone frontend elsewhere.

The combined frontend/backend NFS mounts the storage from the backend.
This can watch LiveTv with any of the 3 tuners.  The standalone frontend
also NFS mounts the storage from the backend, but can only watch using
either of the DVB-T tuners in the master backend. If I try and change to
the PVR-350 input, it just times out.

If I start recording using the PVR-350 backend, I can watch that
recording on the standalone frontend.

Would appreciate any suggestions on where to start debugging this.

Richard