[mythtv-users] Should I use LVM on this new raid?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 02:18:00 UTC 2007

> Unless I'm missing something, ZFS doesn't have a compatible license for
> the linux kernel, hence hasn't been ported.  There is FUSE, apparently
> a user mode implementation, but not sure I want to do down that road.

I briefly tested it yesterday at work on a raid that gets over 250MB/s
(read test under hdparm) and my reads and writes with the zfs-fuse
driver were around 25MB/s and 5MB/s with compression. I was very
interested in all its features and everything I did worked but with
that performance it is not usable for me. Possibly it does not work
well with non zfs raid or some other reason.

John