[mythtv-users] Myth Video & UPNP

Charles Mason charlie.mas at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 20:55:08 UTC 2007

On 9/20/07, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:

> On 18-Sep-07, at 12:00 PM, Greg Estabrooks wrote:
>

> The problem with this method is that if your frontend runs the
>
> video manager everything will appear to be a completely different
>
> file path and remove the existing database info and add the new paths,
>
> which will cause the backend to fail to see the files.
> Just wanted to put in a small plug for a patch I submitted which addresses
> exactly this situation:
>
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3742
>
> It allows you to prefix mythvideo's path with a per-frontend value to map it
> into that frontend's filesystem. Same deal for cover art.

That sounds like a very handy patch, although a UPNP supporting patch
would be better :)

Although I appreciate that's vastly more work and if I think its such
a good idea I should try and implement it myself. Problem is I don't
know the MythTV code base at all, nor anything about uPnP media
streaming.

Thanks all for the info anyway.

Charlie M