[mythtv-users] Should I use LVM on this new raid?

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 22 18:51:48 UTC 2007

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 11:32:33AM -0500, Brian Foddy wrote:
> I'll look into it.  I'm starting to see some limitations to my
> original thinking.  First, not sure LVM will allow me to expand the
> physical volumes, which is I think what would be happening. There is a
> lot more here than I expected....

You're not supposed to expand LVM physical volumes, you create new ones
and add them to the volume group. Make sure you create partitions on the
array, don't pvcreate it as a whole disk. After expanding the array the
disk (/dev/sda or whatever) should have free space at the end. You would
create another partition in the new space, pvcreate it, and extend the
volume group on to it.

--
Michael Heironimus