[mythtv-users] Blue tint on video preview

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 16:45:13 UTC 2007

On 9/22/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 09/21/2007 03:01 PM, james meyer wrote:
> >> [myth at mythtv mythtv]$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-xvmc
> >> --arch=i686 --enable-proc-opt --enable-dvb  --enable-libdts
> >> --enable-xvmc-opengl
> >> # Basic Settings
> >> Compile type     release
> >> Compiler cache   no
> >> DistCC           no
> >> Install prefix   /usr/local
> >> CPU              x86_32 (i686)
> >> big-endian       no
> >> MMX enabled      no
> >> CMOV enabled     no
> >> CMOV is fast     no
> >>
> > Based off your configure output, I would say the cause of the blue faces
> is
> > that MMX is not enabled.
>
> Definitely the cause.
>
> >    You could try adding --enable-mmx  to the
> > configure line, or choosing a different arch.
>
> Really, it's probably not enabled because the OP needs to do a make
> distclean (and probably doesn't need to (shouldn't?) use the --arch
> argument).
>
> Mike

I got rid of the --arch and the blue went away.  I didn't notice much of a
performance gain.  I still get prebuffer pause when viewing HD.  Which
shouldnt be the case with a P4 3.4ghz.  When i look at htop while playing
the CPU isnt maxed out on both cores.  It reads 40/90%  Why is it studering?

Thanks,
Mitchell