[mythtv-users] New to mythtv - unable to watch channels

Dan Wilson dwilson at dslextreme.com
Sat Sep 22 16:22:35 UTC 2007

On 9/22/2007 at 9:38 AM Brian Wood wrote:

> This is not an instantaneous happening. "Fetch channels from listings
> source" can take quite a while (a minute or more in some cases for me).
>
> I've also had to try more than once to get fetch channels to work, don't
> know why, or if it's on my end or not, I just tried again and it worked.

I changed mythfrontend to window from full-screen.  Now, when I select "fetch channels", I indeed see the console window showing the database requests going out.  So I believe that mythtv is retrieving the channel lists.

I still can't watch tv, though.  Clearly, I have something misconfigured.  I am running mythtv 0.20.2, not the latest svn head.

Thanks for your help,

Dan.