[mythtv-users] AppleTV Fontend and picture aspect ratio

robl robl at monkeyhelper.com
Sat Sep 22 16:08:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using an AppleTV as a mythtv frontend (using some of the prebuilt
dmg packages) but I'm having a problem with the size of the picture on
my screen.  My mythtv frontend downstairs (a linux machine) seems to
output a picture that fits the screen perfectly when 16:9 widescreen is
chosen on the TV. On the AppleTV it seems to output a (live tv) picture
that seems to fit more of a 4:3 aspect ratio even when 16:9 is chosen on
the TV.  The MythTV menu screens fill the screen perfectly however, so
it shows mythtv can output a picture that is the correct size, it just
doesn't seem to do it for live/recorded TV.

Is there a setting somewhere on the MythTV frontend that controls the
size of the picture/aspect ratio displayed when watching live/recorded TV ?

Thanks