[mythtv-users] automating commercial removal

Tom Metro tmetro+mythtv-users at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 15:34:59 UTC 2007

Braindead wrote:
> Simply setup a userjob with this:
> mythcommflag --chanid %CHANID% --starttime %STARTTIME% --gencutlist

Yeah, that's what I had in mind...providing the user job runs before
transcoding. Elsewhere I saw mention of an option to causing transcoding
to be delayed. If such an option exists, that could address the
potential ordering problem.

But what would be really nice is to simply be able to specify the
--gencutlist option on the command line in the back-end "Commercial
Flagger command" setting. Unfortunately there are a few problems with
that. One is that although not clearly documented, from the source it
seems that specifying --gencutlist causes mythcommflag to copy the
cutlist and exit, so you can't do flagging and copying during the same
run. The other problem is that it isn't clear whether you can specify
command line options in that setting.

Feels like there should be an --alsocopycutlist option, or something
like that.

  -Tom