[mythtv-users] Where does the remote lag come from?

Robert Denham rjadenham at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 05:25:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:08:32 am Rick wrote:
There is a card popular in Australia which has had problems with the remote.
It is a leadtek dtv1000, and some people managed to get it to work with
mythtv, but many people found that it was quite unresponsive, while others
found it worked fine.  It turned out it was due to differences in polling in
the kernel.  From the thread where it was discussed
(http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=566843&p=3), a user wrote
this:

The kernel driver polls the card for IR keypresses, using a 1 ms timer.
Unfortunately, the default Fedora (and others presumably) kernel
configuration uses a jiffies tick of 250 Hz (4ms) so the card doesn't get
polled often enough, and some keypresses are missed. This explains why some
distro's can get this card working and others can't with the same patches.

Maybe your problem is similar to this?

Robert