[mythtv-users] On the verge of giving up

lionel dybowski lionel.dybowski at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 22:09:03 UTC 2007

yep. And without fear. We are not talking about sensitive data here,
just about some form of media center. What we want (I mean by "we"
common people like me who are not fully computer litterate) is something
easy to setup, maintain and administer. Like many of us, we are sick of
licences on software (and sick of licences generally). We want to
promote linux, and I still will. It is a political matter. But
unfortunattely, despite the efforts of knoppix, ubuntu and others, Linux
remains for the computer litterate (unless you are just doing word
processing mail and web browsing)....I do not like command line and I am
proud about it!

Not trying to kill the effort, I am on your side! but linux devellopers
have to push further towards common people like me who want to do a
little more with their boxes, like build a media center... without
having to learn the ins and outs of a computer.. winXXX strengh has been
to bring computers to people like me, and this why more than 90% of
computers are winxxx based. However, these guys are now making too much
money on our back, so we need a serious competitor!

Keep up the good work and don't forget us.

lionel.dybowski at gmail.com