[mythtv-users] The ultimate myth enclosure...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 15:50:16 UTC 2007

On 9/20/07, Matt Mossholder <matt+MythTV-Users at mossholder.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:51:15 -0700, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
> >
> > http://www.ipcdirect.net/servlet/Detail?no=10
> >
> > If a few things turn out right, I'm seriously considering this for a
> > backend enclosure.  Anyone have any experience with Norco?  I like the
> > touchscreen monitor, too.
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > --Yan
> >
> --
> Yan,
>     I have a different Norco rackmount case that utilises the same vertical HD
> mounting system. Be careful! all of the connectors for the drives end up
> sticking up from the top, which can cause wear, as well as making it difficult
> to close the case....

I've got SATA drives with 90deg connectors for the SATA and power and
it closes up fine. I imagine PATA cables with 90deg power connectors
should work fine as well.

I'd care more if i had to get access to the drives a lot, but it just
sits in the basement and does its thing =)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!